Swimmers Profile No 6 Anne Cleveland

33Back to main menu 33
..................................................................................................................

Our guest Anne was one of the 1st swimmers to sign the wall at the White Horse

I will never forget the day after her solo swim. She was back in the water swimming

butterfly as a cool down
1: Name-
Anne Cleveland

2: Age- 52

3: Resides- La Jolla, California, USA

4:Swimming Highlights- I have swum the 10-mile Maui Channel twice, the Catalina Channel and the English Channel, twice one-way and once two-ways.

5:Biggest influence and coach – Bob West, Carol Sing

6:Swimming Idol- Florence Chadwick

7: Pool or Ocean- I train at La Jolla High School pool and in the ocean at the La Jolla Cove.

8:How many kms a week- not too much right now - taking a break

9:Longest swim and how many hours in the water- two-way English Channel swim 28 hrs 36 mins

10:Favorite place you have swam- I swam 6K from Cap Martin in France to the Musee d'Oceanographie in Monaco in June of 2006.

11:Coldest place you have swam and temp- I swam in a relay from Victoria, BC to a nearby island, sea temp 52F

12:Roughest swim eg. Wave height and wind speed- my two way English Channel swim - Force 5 winds on the first leg from England to France.

13:Swimming goals- to visit places to swim around the world and meet new friends

14:What or who motivates you-1 I just like to swim.

15:How much is Physical% 10% Mental% 90%

16:Favorite saying- Wait for a set and head for the impact zone!

17:Biggest fear swimming eg..cold jellyfish,sharks etc.. I don't like getting too cold while swimming.

18:Swimming close calls- not paying attention in big surf in the Cove

19:Tips for other swimmers – Enjoy yourself - this is supposed to be fun!

20:What would you eat and drink during a swim- Maxim in apple blackcurrant or tea

21Worst place you have swam- no bad swims

22:Worst injuries- I thought I had a torn intercostal muscle just weeks before my 2007 one-way English Channel swim - not, though, just a tweak.

23:Favorite food,drink,music ,movie and holiday destination- Monte Carlo, Monaco

24:What do you think of when you are in the water for hours- I just allow my thoughts to drift through my mind like clouds across the sky - try to keep it positive

25:Where is one place you haven't or would like to swim- Australia!

26:3 people you would invite to dinner- Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi. my mother

27:Cold water tips- do your acclimation training - and remember to breathe!

28:-Toughest competitor me

29:Diet and how much is weight a factor on long distance swims- gaining too much weight is a bad idea - not healthy and makes you look bad. I would only recommend it for multi-leg cold-water swims.

30:Pet hate- braggarts

31:Biggest thrill- finishing my first one-way English Channel swim

32:Favorite sport besides swimming- sunbathing

33:Who would you like to sit next to on a plane- skinny person who has just taken ambien

34:Car you drive- small truck with racks for boards and kayaks

35:Next swimming challenge- 10K swim in Fiji in October of 2008

36:Occupation- motivational speaker

37: D.O.B - 17 February 1956

alby

33Back to main menu 33
..................................................................................................................

No comments: